How did I do with my 2010 tongue-in-cheek New Year’s resolutions? A report card:
10. Less BlackBerry reading; more blackberry eating
Fail. I read more BlackBerry emails than I ate blackberries.
9. Avoid 2010 meaning that I traveled to 20 cities on 10 airlines
Partial credit. 16 cities on 6 airlines.
8. Leverage twitter without becoming a twit
Pass. Many of my tweets were RT’d and I doubled my followers.
7. Never use the phrase XXX2.0, especially Web2.0
A+. As far as I can remember, I didn’t do this once.
6. Leave time for writing. For fun. On non-work subjects.
Partial credit. I started a few stories but I didn’t finish anything.
5. Read the Enterprise Irregulars more regularly
Fail. I was inconsistent and went long stretches without reading at all.
4. Make sure my blog isn’t Barely Legible Officious Garbage
Pass. Traffic and comments continued to rise.
3. A moratorium on rubber chicken dinners at conferences
Success. Fewer conferences, fewer rubber chickens.
2. Make sure that telepresence isn’t my permanent presence
Pass. After too many 5AMs at the start of the year, I went cold turkey for many weeks in a row.
1. End New Year’s resolutions
To be determined. None for 2011, at least.